Vehicle SECURITY MARKING
Benefits of Datatool DNA
- Easy application – Microdots can be applied quickly and easily by the end users or at dealership.
- Peace of mind – If your motorcycle, scooter or ATV is stolen, its ownership is easily traceable via the secure Datatool DNA national database.
- Proof of ownership – The unique code on each Microdots links your property back to you, making it virtually impossible for thieves to sell it safely.
No Re-registration fees for change of address, contact details or owner.
What is DNA?
Datatool DNA is possibly the simplest, yet highly technologically advanced, system that has been created to give the highest level of protection. It is a security marking system for motorcycles, scooters and ATVs that uses invisible microdots to create a DNA and uniquely mark parts of a vehicle to be registered on our secure database.
The unique DNA is invisible to the naked eye and can only be detected by a UV light and magnifying device used by authorities. The marking of various parts on a vehicle makes it extremely difficult for thieves to sell stolen vehicles or its parts without the fear of being caught.
How does Datatool DNA Work?
- Thousands of microdots are brushed onto various locations on your motorcycle, scooter or ATV.
- The unique code on each microdotsis then stored on our secure database, which can be accessed by police if your motorcycle, scooter or ATV is stolen.
- The microdots are almost invisible to the naked eye but can be detected by a UV light and magnifying device.
- It’s virtually impossible to locate and remove all the microdots, making it extremely difficult for thieves to sell your motorcycle/ scooter/ATV or its parts without fear of being caught.
- Warning stickers act as a visible deterrent to thieves.
- NFC technology is included that the police can use to determine the owner of the bike.
ZERO ongoing fees for re-registration, updating contact details or transferring to a new Owner.
5 Minute Application Time
DNA can be applied quickly and easily by the end users or at dealership.
Proof of Ownership
If your motorcycle, scooter or ATV is stolen, its ownership is easily traceable via the secure Datatool DNA national database.
Peace of mind
The unique code on each microdots links your property back to you, making it virtually impossible for thieves to sell it safely.
As part of Datatool’s continued effort to reduce and recover stolen vehicles, we have brought together a kit that will allow you to security mark your valuable machine at an affordable cost.
Having your motorcycle or scooter stolen is expensive, inconvenient, and frustrating. That’s why it’s essential to take appropriate measures to protect your valuable asset.
Datatool DNA is a popular choice for those who wish to protect their motorcycle, scooter or ATV. Technologically advanced, easy to apply and cost effective, when paired with a Datatool tracker or alarm, Datatool DNA is a sensible addition to a layered theft deterrent.
DATATOOL DNA PROTECT PACK INCLUDES
New Keeper NFC Sticker
DNA INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Theft Deterrent Domed Sticker
DNA Registration Card
Frequently asked questions
What are Datatool DNA Microdots?
Microdots are transparent microscopic plastic discs (less than 1mm in diameter) printed with a unique alpha numeric code and listing Datatools website address. There are hundreds within the system and they are applied in hidden places all over the vehicle. Only one is required to prove ownership therefore a thief would have to be 100% confident that they had found and removed every single one to avoid detection and prosecution.
What if I change address or add a private number plate?
What happens if my motorcycle/scooter/ATV is stolen?
Please advise the Police immediately, then contact Datatool quoting your vehicle registration number and the crime report number the Police have given you, and we will flag a warning against your vehicle on our database.
What if I sell my Motorcycle/Scooter/ATV?
Datatool DNA is transferable to the new keeper at no cost. The new keeper can have their name and address added to our Datatool database by contacting our call centre with the vehicle details.